Northwest Community Schools
Established in 1954, Northwest Community Schools is one of the largest districts in Jackson County. Northwest provides some of the most outstanding educational and extra-curricular programs in the area. The district includes approximately 144 square miles and serves 3,200 students in Pre- Kindergarten through Twelfth grade.
Over 350 experienced, dedicated teaching and supportive staff members provide professional learning experiences and services. The large majority of the teaching and administrative staff have obtained advanced degrees and continue to upgrade their professional skills. All staff members are provided opportunities for in-service and self-improvement activities.
Northwest Community Schools proudly serve more than 25,000 residents with quality programs, excellent services and expectations for high achievement. Belief Statement
At Northwest Community Schools, we believe....
- In high student achievement for all students.
- That learning is relevant to the real world.
- That students will become lifelong critical thinkers and problem solvers in a global society.
- In the individual learning needs of all students.
- In using appropriate teaching and learning strategies that are researched and best practices.
- In using integrated technology in all areas of education.
- That interpersonal relationships are vital to increased student learning.
- In multi-way communication with community, parents, staff, and students.